Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Personal accounts vs. Public accounts The Life of a YouTuber part 1

Hey guys, so this has been on my mind a lot. Consider this a type of "rant". This has been on my mind lately, so just bare with me. Now I know the title says "YouTuber", and if you say YouTuber you think like a million subscribers. I have 42, but being a Youtuber all it means is consistently making YouTube videos regardless of how many subs you have.

I love being a small YouTuber just because not a lot of people watch me. It's easy to reply to all the comments, and I do. I love reading the comments, and I love those who watch my videos. I have some subscribers who believe in me, and I'm very blessed that I never get hate on my videos. So what's the problem?

I try to separate my life from the internet, to my life I'm living now. I'm very secretive about my actual life, and some of my subscribers think they know my actual life, and a lot of things about me, so something happens. All my personal accounts are found, and people try to talk to me through that. They try to add me on facebook when I never revealed my last name, they find me on skype, and even chatango. I normally wouldn't mind, and I honestly never thought much of it until I ended up adding someone who watched my videos, and never left me alone on facebook.

At first, I thought it was adorable. Then he started asking me questions, asking me what kind of shampoo do I use, and they eventually got more creepy. What freaked me out the most, was he found all my personal social media accounts. I don't reveal that information, and I apparently wasn't careful enough with my personal information. I started to ignore him, and he later unsubscribed saying "I was just like the rest of the YouTubers he watches".

I love my subscribers, you can ask my friends. I have facebook, twitter, tumblr, and blogspot for I can keep in contact with you. I have more social media that is personal to keep in contact with my friends. Some of my friends don't use facebook, so I go to Skype or Chatango. The reason why I don't give you that information is because I live in a really small town, I have friends that don't want to be known, and I try to keep my social life and my internet life seperated.

I just don't appreciate when I get tweets or messages saying I'm selfish just because I don't reveal personal accounts. I have public accounts for that. I talk to everyone, which is why I'm happy to be a small YouTuber. I just thought that you guys should know. I truly love you guys, and I really hope you understand. It's been kind of bugging me lately. I'll talk to you guys real soon!

-Amber Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment